Howtoencourage

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

CHRISTMAS DREAMS

I just read a quote that triggered my thoughts and put me on a new direction for my day.

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." Langston Hughes

I've had a yearning to sit by my fire and watch the snow fall, read and dream a little. I woke up this morning with a long list of to-do's, but also to a beautiful snowfall. I decided this was the day.

With coffee in hand, carols softly playing and Bible next to me, I sat, read and reflected on Jesus, the real 'reason for the season.'

The flames warmed me as my heart was grateful. This was the special gift my soul was longing for all month. I was encouraged.

I can go forward and enjoy family and friends now.

All is well with my soul.

No comments: