Howtoencourage

Monday, October 22, 2007

Encouragement to Serve

I love these words of encouragement from our pastor Mike Fanning. They encourage me to get out of my comfort zone, get involved and serve others because of what Jesus did for me.

"Can you imagine a football team that never broke out of their huddle and ran a play? The huddle is not where the game is played, it is simply where the play is called. In the same way, Sunday morning church participation is not so much where the game is played, but where we receive the instruction and encouragement go out and play the game. The game is out there. The Christian life is to be lived out there.

God calls us to reach out to a lost and hurting world with the love and compassion of Christ. We do this by ministering to those who are in great need. Jesus said one time, 'I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' When they asked when they had done this he replied, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine you did unto me.'"

It's time we go out there and get in the game.
The world is waiting.

No comments: