Howtoencourage

Friday, December 4, 2009

Encouraging Words

BE STILL!

I am reminded once again just how amazing it is when the crisis comes that we are stopped in our tracks ... when nothing else is able to do that. It gives us another opportunity to evaluate and analyze our lives ... or just to take time to think about things we normally don't have time to think about. It seems like everyone I know is facing some sort of painful time, and if this is the case with any of you, I encourage you to take a time-out... like I did just last week ... to think ... to process...and ask God to reveal what needs to be corrected ... and let Him answer.

I received this interesting email from a friend after I heard my pastor share of the need to Be still and sit before the Lord when your heart is anxious or troubled.

Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
Do not fret when men succeed in their ways and carry out their wicked schemes.

I was anxious about several things that were very real and could cause anxiety in anyone, but I was also restless and unsettled about something I couldn’t name. I practiced the discipline of sitting and listening and reading I Peter 5:7--Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you—for approximately 30 minutes a day and I can tell you about the huge difference it has made in my inside and outlook.

You can do it too!

No comments: