Howtoencourage

Thursday, January 7, 2010

ENCOURAGEMENT FOR ONE DAY

My son called home with bad news.

His career, his lifelong dream which he had worked incredibly hard for was on the line, through no fault of his own.

What should I say? Was there anything to soothe his hurting heart and mine too?

I felt led to read these lines from the RED SEA RULES.

The nineteenth-century expositor C.H. Mackintosh wrote, “God never gives guidance for two steps at a time. I must take one step, and then I get the light for the next. This keeps the heart in abiding dependence upon God.”

The pillar of cloud led them forward, day by day. Nehemiah 9:19

Day by day, the Lord pours out His steadfast love upon me. Psalm 42:8

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

When I tried to text and offer encouragement, he was not ready to hear it. Sometimes I don’t want to hear comforting comments either. I trust some day he will.

“When you don’t know what to do next, cast out fear and seek light for the next step. Trust God for guidance in small increments; and if you can’t see what lies dimly in the distance, do what lies clearly at hand.” Red Sea Rules, Robert J Morgan

I am at peace. And those are the only feelings I have control over at this time.

What an amazing little book. What an amazing big God!

No comments: