Howtoencourage

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'HOLD MY HEART' ENCOURAGEMENT

I heard the words to this song by Tenth Avenue North and was blown away. This describes exactly how I've been feeling. These words encourage me because they tell me I'm not alone and not the only one in the world feeling this way. (I tend to believe that when I'm depressed.) Encouragement, no matter the form, makes a difference in my life.


How long must I pray to you
How long must I wait for you
How long til I see your face?

(I'm only) One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in the sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?

One life that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If you're everything you say you are
Won't you come close and hold my heart?

I know He doesn't always tell me why He does the things He does. He doesn't always give me everything I want. He doesn't protect those I love from all harm and disappointment . But He does promise to hold me (and all who ask) in the midst of the storm.

The tension between my wrestling and my rest begins and ends with giving my heart to Him. He can handle all that is in there.

No comments: