Howtoencourage

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HOPEFUL ENCOURAGEMENT

I am blessed in alot of ways. I have food whenever I want it, clean water, a good job, wonderful home and family. Some of my dreams have come true. But I have known pain and frustration because many plans have been foiled even by my own mistakes.

People have disappointed me--strangers, friends and those I love most. Possessions did not bring peace of mind. Positions left me bothered and wanting more. Life is intense, precarious at times. What happens to us when our hearts and hopes are crushed. What or whom can we count on?

God is true and His word is truth. But even then there are very few outcomes we can put our faith in.

According to Paul, the hard things in life give us opportunity to seek out things that matter and make the right choices in the midst of trouble. The only thing that matters and the only truth we can count on for eternity is God and His never-ending love for us.

"Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:5

No comments: