Howtoencourage

Friday, May 18, 2007

What a Difference a Friend Makes

A friend and I were sharing our feelings about sons graduating from college and what that meant in all our lives.

I said I felt sad for my son and myself as real life is tough and now they had to get jobs, go on to grad school, whatever their plan. "All of our lives will change and change is hard on me."

She felt entirely different and challenged me on my depressed and discouraged attitude.

"I think it's great they are done with that phase and can now go on to whatever their path dictates. They have the whole world to discover and hopefully conquer!" She was upbeat, positive and encouraging.

My friends' motivating words challenged me to rethink my mindset and before long I felt lighter and excited for what lay ahead for our boys. I was blessed by our conversation.

KB Hathaway says, "There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend."
I heartily agree.
What a difference a friend makes!

No comments: