Howtoencourage

Sunday, January 27, 2008

YES I CAN!

I was thinking as I heard the 'Yes We Can' phrase spoken by one of the candidates, what a great mantra to motivate ourselves in any new endeavor we choose to participate. The battle begins and is won by believing.

Regardless of political persuasion, Barack O'Bama was inspiring as he spoke of not listening to 'those who try and tell us that we can't do it, can't find what we are looking for, can't fight the giants who want to overtake us. When others tell us we can't, we will rise to believe in ourselves. When we hear we'll never overcome, we won't believe it because change is possible. We can change. Yes we can.'

It reinforces the importance of positive words. Words are encouraging. Words bring hope that we can heal and look toward the future. It is the same message when we are winning or when we are losing, up or down, because we believe that we can do it. Not by ourselves, but paradoxically the belief must begin with our self.

Next time someone speaks negative words that say you can't finish, can't make the grade or team, words that bring you down, repeat the phrase, 'I can do it.' Sort of like the little red caboose, 'I think I can, I think I can...'

Yes I can. I can do it. And soon you will.

For more encouraging words see How to encourage

No comments: