Howtoencourage

Thursday, April 16, 2009

ENCOURAGEMENT-HOW TO GET THROUGH TOUGH TIMES

How can you live with depression and discouragement in your life? It is one of the hardest questions to understand and one I have to process over and over. I read something recently that really spoke and helped me deal with difficult things in my life.

I will remember. Remember what, you might ask?

One of the best ways to survive the packages of pain God allows in our lives is by remembering who God is and what He has done in the past.

"Andrew Murray made a list 'to remember.' His words put dark days and nights in perspective. In 1895 he was in England suffering from a terribly painful back, the result of an injury incurred years before. One morning, while he was eating breakfast in his room, his hostess told him of a woman downstairs who was in great trouble and wanted to know if he had any advice for her. Andrew Murray handed her a paper he had been writing on and said, 'Give her this advice I'm writing down for myself. It may be that she'll find it helpful.'

This is what he wrote:
'In time of trouble, say, "First he brought me here. It is by his will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest. He will keep me here in his lOve and give me grace in this trial to behave as his child. He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn and working in me the grace he means to bestow. In his good time he can bring me out again. How and when he knows."

Therefore say, "I am here by 1) God's apppointment, 2) in his keeping, 3) under his training, 4) in his time."
Linda Dillow-Calm My Anxious Heart

That is the only way I can survive tough times. Knowing He loves me and by His grace!

No comments: