Howtoencourage

Monday, August 17, 2009

EXAMPLE OF AN ENCOURAGER

Most of us face the same situations in dealing with people--we can be discouraged or encouraged. No one is exempt, not even Jesus. His authority was constantly challenged by the religious of that time, His leadership questioned, he was beaten. He was betrayed by one of his own disciples and ultimately crucified,yet He never gave up and in fact He became the most effective encourager ever! How did He do it?

"According to Isaiah, Jesus has been entrusted with the ministry of speaking words of sustaining power to the weary-the living words of God. In part, this ministry comes to Him because He Himself is the supreme example of one who listens, receives, trusts, and obeys the Word of God. He can show us how to listen to God. He is the perfect example of a true disciple.

"The Lord God has given Me the tongue of disciples,
That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word.

He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.
The Lord God has opened My ear;
And I was not disobedient
Nor did I turn back.
I gave My back to those who strike Me,
And My checks to those who pluck out the beard;
I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting.
For the Lord God helps Me,
Therefore, I am not disgraced;
Therefore, I have set my face like flint,
And I know that I will not be ashamed."
Isaiah 50:4-7
The Shame Exchange

No comments: