Howtoencourage

Friday, October 23, 2009

Encouragement

When I woke up to the dark and saw the dreary rain, I struggled with some depression. I wondered what I could do to encourage myself today.

I'm reading through the New Testament with my church family this fall and as I read the assignment for today the words that Paul wrote to the Romans jumped out at me. I realized this was my answer for a day like this one.

Paul longed to see his brothers, the Romans, so that they could be "mutually encouraged by each other's faith." That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Whose life will touch mine today that I can be encouraged by their faith? Likewise, who will I meet that I can encourage with my faith?

It's not about my circumstances, my relationships, my job, my finances, the weather...In fact it's not about me or my feelings at all! How freeing to realize that I don't have to be in charge of that department of life.

The focus is about my faith in God and how I can encourage that one person whose path will cross mine today.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for me. It is starting to look a lot brighter already!

No comments: