Howtoencourage

Thursday, February 18, 2010

GOD'S ENCOURAGING WORDS

I am doing a study by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and came across some statements from her book, Lies Women Believe. It's excellent by the way and I highly recommend it.

Here are some comments in random order that speak truth and made an impact on how to encourage people for me.

"People around us who are hurting and needy don't need to hear our opinions and suggestions. They need to hear what God says. The truth is, the Word of God is alive and powerful; it is medicine for troubled hearts and peace for plagued minds. It is a lamp for our feet and a light for our path. (Psalms 119:105) Whatever our need, whatever our circumstances, the Word of God is sufficient to meet that need. And is sufficient to meet the needs of those we love."

Great advice for hurting friends and family. I could not have said it better!

1 comment:

Ann said...

LIES WOMEN BELIEVE is an excellent resource. My friend and I have done a Bible study with teenagers on it - the chapter on Eve and original sin is great. Her Bible study SEEKING HIM is outstanding also.