Howtoencourage

Saturday, March 13, 2010

ENCOURAGING WORDS FROM LISTENING TO LOVE

“Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:18

There is always something to be cleared away in our lives. It’s not that the things we desire are bad; it’s the way we cling to them as though they were life itself that the fire is after. If I don’t have some kind of confidence that Jesus is after more of me, more with me, as we walk through the inferno together, I could easily despair.

Love wants our release not our destruction. And we must remember that eternal things can never be destroyed, even by the hottest flames. My hearts first question, “Is it really you, Jesus?” surfaces quickly whenever my comfort, plans, or self-crafted security are singed.

I must ask this question whether the match was struck by my own foolishness, by the Enemy’s cruel attempts to scorch my heart, or by someone else’s choices. My heart’s question--could the precious things blazing around me possibly be under the watchful gaze of a loving God?
Jan Meyers

No comments: