Howtoencourage

Monday, November 26, 2007

Encouragement Call

I received a simple phone call tonight. It lifted my spirits and encouraged me.

I shared with a friend/cousin at church a struggle I was going through and a difficult conversation I needed to have with a loved one. She listened to my heart,touched me as tears came and then offered to pray for me.

I had the conversation and it went surprisingly well! My daughter actually listened and seemed to respect my point of view. I slept well last night.

My friend/cousin called me tonight to ask how it went. Sharing the conversation with her, saying the words we exchanged and acknowledging the victory, helped me realize I had accomplished my goals. I felt my load lighten instantly.

A simple phone call did that for me. I can do that for someone else.

Lord, help me to know when to make that phone call and pass along encouragement to the next hurting friend. It does make a difference.

No comments: