Howtoencourage

Saturday, January 23, 2010

ENCOURAGING WORDS FOR YOUR FUTURE

How do you feel about your future? Are you excited, energized and enthusiastic to face a new season of life? Some weeks it’s just too tough to eke out my daily living with zest and zeal. Some days the negative news messages overwhelm me. I struggle with enough energy to find that upbeat mood to go on.

But then I realize it’s up to me to search for passion and positivity. Sometimes the journey can be long and I get stopped up in hard places. But I have to keep going. I find that real encouragement that is authentic comes from honest assessment of what happening inside of me.

But how do you deal with cancer, earthquakes, financial disaster; the twists and turns of living in this fallen world? Is it enough to make you want to settle or think of quitting and walk away? It is so depressing and devastating to our spirit. Is there any hope for change?

I believe healing is available.
I have been there.
I don’t have to be perfect but I have to be on the path.
Get out and seek help if you need it. Spend a day in silence. Call a counselor. Go on a retreat. Tell someone.
What will mean if you gain the whole world, but lose your own soul?
(Mark 8:36)

No comments: